Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Magda on Retreat

Weather wise today is the best day this year up here in Shetland. The sun is shining, we have 'wall to wall' blue sky and there is very little wind. What a change from the last five months when we have experienced relentless rain. The garden is way behind what it was this time last year and hubby says a lot of the plants have been lost. he's the gardener by the way. The only time I go into the garden is either to admire his handiwork or take photos he has asked me to take of the various stages of growth and lovely blooms he manages to grow. If it were up to me we would be neck high in weeds!!
Here's a little someone who enjoys taking her place in the garden.........



That's our younger cat Magda sitting on top of her purpose-built retreat in the garden. She took ownership of it as soon as my hubby finished making it. Our other cat Dougal doesn't get near it. But he's quite happy lying under some foliage.



His favourite place is actually indoors on top of a chest of drawers that has a few blankets on top. I'll go and have a look to see if he's there. See if I can sneak a photo or two.

Yip, I thought so!


Unfortunately I disturbed his slumber, but he very forgivingly posed for me and gave me this handsome shot.....



But while we're on the subject, here is one of my favourite shots of Dougal.....

Dougal disgruntled


Well, I'd better go and make some dinner or my hubby might become disgruntled too!
I hope you're day has been as sunny as mine here in Shetland. It makes such a difference to everything and everybody. People even SMILE when the sun shines!
Until next time, keep smiling and stay creative. My next post should show my finished shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment