Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Friday 11 May 2012

Just Off the Needles

Here is my latest project, just finished last night. A lace scarf worked in white with purple, pink and three different blues. I didn't really enjoy knitting this I have to say. I am much more comfortable using natural colours. And all those ends to sew in!!! I've actually told my lovely niece that if she will sew them in for me I'll cross her palm with silver!! Well, it will probably be a note of some colour!
Here's the scarf.....



I may enter it into the local agricultural show which will take place in my village round about July.
My next project is another lace scarf, this time in a lovely shade of blue. The pattern is called "Arches and Columns" and I haven't knitted it before. When knitting for a show you just have to knit what they ask for, hence the blue. But it's a really nice shade in real life. Photographs and computers don't always do justice to these things.
Here's a sneak peek at the pattern and wool.....


Click pic for larger image


I will keep you updated on my progress.
Just to mention also, my sheep are doing well and seem to be settling into their new pasture. I hope to add 2 more Soays to the flock over the next few weeks, so watch this space!!
Please feel free to comment, follow or whatever. I love new visitors to my blog. If there is any particular woolly or Shetland subject you wish me to cover, please ask and I will do my best to provide the information I have.
Until next time, take care and keep your needles busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment