Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Fair Isle Recipe ( Of Sorts!)

Hi again, if this is your first visit to my woolly blog then a very warm welcome. If you are a follower or regular visitor, then thanks for popping by again. You are always welcome back!
Anyone who knows me will be aware of my love of books and my inability to pass by an old Fair Isle garment knitting pattern and I have a great one to share with you today.
Here's the front of it.....



I found this one on a well-known online auction site and just HAD to buy it.
You know how it is!

There are three things I really love about this little leaflet.
First of all, it has those three gorgeous child's beret designs to choose from.
Secondly, there are NO CHARTS!
I know some people are great with knitting charts and even prefer them to knitted instructions, but for me a chart is a little bit like reading ancient history. It's all Greek to me!!!
And finally something that made me smile. I think this is so cute! Look at the picture below and see what they call the 'instructions' for the patterns.....



RECIPES!!!
Isn't that just fab!
I've never seen knitting instructions being called 'recipes' before! But I think it's just so delightful and amusing.

On the back page of the leaflet they advertise 4 other leaflets. Here are the designs for those, plus a close up of the three beret designs.












If you'd like any information on these please email me and I will try to help you out.
I hope you're enjoying my blog posts. Please tell me if there is something in particular you would like me to write about on the subject of Shetland or Fair Isle knitting, wool and sheep.
Until next time, stay on the creative side of the street!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment