Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Monday 23 January 2012

Fair Isle Jumper for Sale

Hi again folks!
For anyone following the progress of the shawl I am knitting in natural shades of Shetland wool, I am happy to report that I am almost finished the third quarter so it may not be too long before it's finished and on the stretcher. But I have several appointments this week that will very annoyingly keep me from my needles!!
However, I would like you to feast your eyes on this gorgeous HAND KNITTED Fair Isle jumper made by my very talented niece Victoria.



Victoria, who is also a brilliant artist, has an exceptional eye for colour blending as this beautiful garment shows. I have never actually seen these colours used together on a Fair Isle jumper before. It is finished to a high standard, both inside and out.
At Victoria's request I am offering this jumper for sale for the very reasonable price of £180. If you do an online search of HAND KNITTED Fair Isle jumpers you will see that they can sell for a much higher price. Machine knitted ones are cheaper for obvious reasons.

The measurements are as follows:-
Underarm to underarm (or as we say in Shetland "oxter to oxter") - 20 inches
Oxter to rib - 14 inches
Back of neck to rib - 26 inches
Oxter to cuff - 21 inches

Here's a closer look at the colours and pattern..........



And I love the way the rib, neck and cuffs are worked..........



The jumper can be sent to anywhere in the world but please contact me if you are interested in buying so I can let you know the postage and packaging cost for your country. And of course because this is a one-off garment it is being sold on a "first come first served" basis so the first person to email me will be given first offer.
Should you have any questions at all please email me by clicking on the sign at the top right hand side of my blog.
Please also let your friends and relatives see this jumper. Someone would LOVE it as a birthday present!! Or even a Valentine gift!
Catch up with you soon. Hopefully with photos of my shawl on the stretcher!
Thank you for popping by. Feel free to leave a comment to say you were here and follow to be kept up to date with all things "woolly Shetland"!
Until next time, keep on clicking!



1 comment:

  1. Im interested in a traditional fair isle slipover v neck and dont mind if its machine done , can you give me a price?

    ReplyDelete