Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Thursday 3 November 2011

Gilet is Finished

Hi again, I'm happy to say my hubby's gilet got finished and he is delighted with it. I think he was surprised it fitted him!! I didn't enjoy knitting it as much as I should have because it wasn't wool I was using. However, it was his choice of yarn so that was what was important. Here's a photo of it on the jumper board.



It's amazing how the various levels of stripes can make the whole thing look lop-sided. I actually had to measure the pockets to see if I had got them right, I was so convinced they were "up the creek"!! But sure enough, they were OK. That was a relief. I don't think I'd have wanted to start over again. At one point the pocket linings were driving me quite mad!

But I am SO much more excited to show you my very first cockle shell scarf, knitted in pure wool which I bought from Jamieson & Smith, Shetland, aka The Wool Brokers (Shetland) Ltd. (SEE LINK ABOVE RIGHT TO GO TO THEIR EXCELLENT WEBSITE).
Here's the scarf. The wool is 2ply lace yarn.



The Wool Brokers have an excellent range of colours to choose from. Of course there are the natural un-dyed colours of the Shetland sheep, but there are also great coloured yarns. My scarf was knitted in a lovely pale green with faint flecks of pale blue, pink, lilac etc. It knitted up beautifully.
My new project is the shaded Shetland shawl I blogged about in an earlier post. Scroll down to see that. I will keep you posted on my progress. Until then, please have a look at the Wool Brokers site. I think you will find it very interesting.
My sister and I got permission to take some photos in their premises one afternoon and I will upload some photos for you in my next post.

Take care. Stay creative. Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment