Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Friday 4 November 2011

Start of New Shaded Hap Shawl

Hi, I'm happy to report I've made a start on my new shaded shawl today. In Shetland we call a shawl a "hap" so I will probably just refer to it as that from now on. Here's a pic of the few rows I've done. This hap begins in the centre and then works out to the border and peaks, as in the photo in a previous post ( just scroll down).



I'm not exactly sure yet how I'll use the colours and I'll probably use a couple more shades as well. These are lovely natural colours of Shetland sheep and the wool knits beautifully.
Watch this space for my next installment plus photos from The Wool Brokers.

Stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment